Club Captain's Role
Overview of role
The role is key to demonstrating the success of the club, aligning and providing leadership and demonstrating behaviours to younger rowers, and supporting coaches.
- Be a role-model through demonstrated behaviour and helping to raise and maintain boathouse standards.
- Assist coaches as requested.
- Provide constructive advice and help fellow rowers.
- Assist with the “learn to row” programme and curriculum rowing where school timetable allows.
Representing the club
Attend all school open evenings / events, to promote rowing.
Lead trailer and boat loading at events and club.
- Set up and deliver core sessions for younger years during lunch times and after school.
- Organise for launches to be off the water and away at each session attended.
- Update school notice board, website and notices to help promote rowing in school.
- Organise the pudding races at Christmas.
Attend the Young Leaders Workshop and level 2 launch driver training.
Current Club Captain: Kiara Parlevliet 2020/2021
"Over the past year, I have been involved with helping the younger rowers in our club grow, whether this be by coaching them or just being a friendly face to make them feel comfortable. This has brought me joy and a very real purpose. Throughout my time as captain, I started spending more time down at the club until it felt as if I lived there! But I would not want it any other way because it felt weird when I was not down, and I just wanted to be back at the club helping."
Former Club Captain listing
- 2019/2020 – Charlotte Carswell & Olivia Halewood
- 2018/2019 – Bethan Curtis & Ben Baker
- 2017/2018 – Eve Finlay & Morgan Whitley
- 2016/2017 – Ben Newell & Emily Cox
Charlotte Carswell & Olivia Halewood
Bethan Curtis & Ben Baker