Do you want to make a real difference by helping our school to improve further? We are now looking to recruit two new Parent Governors to join our ambitious governing body.
Welcome from the Chair of Governors
As Chair of Governors I am pleased to be leading our Governing Body to work together with the school to provide outstanding education for our students. Queen’s Park High School is continuously working to improve education for all students, giving them access to the opportunities they deserve and the Good rating from our OFSTED inspection in early 2020 demonstrates that commitment to improvement . As part of The Learning Trust our school continues to develop and grow to support all students and their learning journey.
I am focused on giving the Governing Body a clear lead and direction, ensuring that the governors work as an effective team and understand their accountability and the part they play in the strategic leadership of the school . Governors are appointed to ensure that objectives are met and that planning for the future is both visionary and realistic. We are here to support and encourage the Headteacher and all school personnel so that students have access to an enriched education.
I am available to parents for any matter relating to the school, once you have discussed it with the Head teacher, and I am sure any one of the Governors would be happy to provide any information you may need or to discuss any issues you may have. Parents and Governors have key roles in helping Queen’s Park High School achieve high standards for all our children both now, and for future generations.
We are proud of the whole school community, and the way we work together.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Chair of Governors
Governors' vision statement 2020-21
For Queen's Park High School to be,
"A thriving school that unlocks the potential of all."
To achieve this we will:
- have high expectations of our students and staff
- provide a stimulating curriculum which meets individual needs
- promote pride in our students and the school
- work in partnership with parents, carers and the wider community
- create a safe and happy environment
- develop strong leadership throughout the school
- grow the reputation of the school
- equip students for life after school and future success
- As Chair of Governors I am delighted to be leading our Governing Body to work together with the school to provide outstanding education for our students.
Meet the governors
The Governing Body at Queen’s Park High School consists of 10 Governors, including the Headteacher, one staff member, two parent governors and up to seven co-opted governors.
- The Headteacher can choose whether or not to be a Governor at their school
- Parent Governors have a child at the school and are elected by other parents
- Staff Governors are either teachers or support staff at the school and are elected by their colleagues
- Co-opted Governors are appointed by other Governors as representatives of the wider local community, as business representatives, or because of particular skills they can bring to the Governing Body
The term of office of a Governor is four years, but there is nothing to stop Governors resigning within the four years.
|Local Governing Body
||Thursday 10 September 2020
|Trustee/LGB Annual Review
||Tuesday 15 September 2020
|Local Staffing/Resources Panel
||Thursday 22 October 2020
|Local Curriculum & Achievement Panel
||Wednesday 14 October 2020
|Local Business LGB
||Thursday 10 December 2020
If you are interested in becoming a Governor or would like to get in touch, please contact:-
Clerk to Governors
Tel: 01244 981500
For more information about The Learning Trust and Governance within the Trust, please click below: