Queen’s Park High School is proud to be a member of The Pledge Partnership
What is the Pledge Partnership?
The Pledge Partnership enables businesses to work together with educators to provide every young person living, studying and/or working in Cheshire and Warrington with everything they need to succeed in the world of work. With the opportunity to develop employability-related skills and personal qualities whilst in education, there is a choice of employment, training or further education when they leave school.
Employers can work directly with young people, teachers, parents, carers and youth workers to help the local community identify the employment opportunities available.
The aim is to help individuals make informed decisions about subjects to study and possible career progression paths to follow.
Employers across Cheshire and Warrington, young people, teachers, youth workers and parents/carers will benefit from working with the Pledge.
The programme is delivered through schools and youth groups. It works to ensure that both have career strategies and delivery plans. With the help of employers, we provide a coherent programme of inspirational opportunities for both employers and individuals. An example is the growing need for digital and STEM-related skills to help drive productivity across Cheshire and Warrington.
How employers can get involved?
There is a range of ways in which individual employers, both large and small, can get involved. For example:
- Working with the senior leadership team in a specific local school/college
- Delivering programmes of activities
- Recruiting young people
- Becoming part of a school’s governing body
The Pledge Resources
We would like to encourage students to access The Pledge Partnership Resources where they can gain lots of useful information linked to CEIAG including:
- Apprenticeships - How to prepare for applying and succeeding at interview
- Careers - Explore careers in some of fastest growing industries in the UK
- Challenges - Take part in the challenges and develop our entrepreneurial skills
- National Career information - Explore National organisational offering careers information
- Personal Development - Develop your CV and prepare for interview and assessment
- University Resources - Find out about University life and the courses you can study
- Virtual Activities
To keep up to date with all activity follow @ThePledgeCW #PavingTheWay #YourPledge #YourFuture